You can verify WhatsApp business account following some simple steps. WhatsApp Business, which was built keeping the small business owner in mind, is free to download app available on iPhone and Android devices.
To get verified WhatsApp business, here is the process you have to follow.
How to verify WhatsApp business number
You have to follow the steps to get WhatsApp verified business accounts mentioned below.
WhatsApp business verification process
Step 1: First, you have to enter your phone number to verify the WhatsApp business account.
Step 2: Select your country from the drop-down list. This will automatically fill in your country code in the box on the left.
Step 3: Enter your phone number in the box on the right. Don’t put a 0 before your phone number.
Step 4: Tap next to receive a verification code. If prompted, you can also tap on Call me option to receive the code via phone call.
Step 5: Enter the 6-digit verification code you receive via SMS or phone call.
1. According to WhatsApp’s policy, you can only be able to verify a phone number which you own. You can either use a mobile phone or landline (fixed) number to verify your number.
2. You must be able to receive phone calls or SMS to the phone number you’re trying to verify for your WhatsApp business account.
3. You must have all call-blocking settings, apps, or task-killers disabled.
4. If you’re trying to verify through your mobile phone, you must have a working Internet connection through Wi-Fi or mobile data. If you’re roaming or have a poor connection, verification may not work. You can try opening https://www.whatsapp.com/business/ on your mobile phone’s Internet browser to check if you’re connected to the Internet.
5. If you’re trying to verify through a landline, tap on Call me option to request a phone call to receive your verification code.
Using extension numbers for landline
According to WhatsApp’s policy, landline extension numbers aren’t supported to complete the verification process. You are recommended to use a landline number without an extension to verify your phone number.
For security reasons, the 6-digit verification code is only sent to the landline number which you want to use for your business account.
If you didn’t receive 6-digit code by SMS
1. You have to wait for the progress bar to finish and retry. The wait time may take up to 10 minutes.
2. Don’t try to guess the code. Otherwise, you’ll be locked out for a specific time period.
3. If the timer runs out before you receive the verification code, you will get an option requesting a phone call.
4. Choose the Call me option to request the call.
5. When you answer the call, an automated voice will give you the 6-digit verification code.
6. Enter this code into your WhatsApp Business account.